- All types and constructions: Galvanized, Bright, Normal or non rotating wire ropes.
- To be used in: Fishing, Machinery – Cranes, Industry, Mining, Shipping.
- Wire ropes need to be treated with a lot of attention during their storage, as well as during their installation. The right way of treating a wire rope will prolong the time of its active life/use. In opposite cases, if any part of the surface of the wire rope is damaged, it may not be discovered until much later and that will affect its working time life!
- Steel wire ropes should be stored in a clean, cool, dry place indoors. They must not be allowed to rest on the floor, but to be placed on pallets, if possible.
- When installing steel wire ropes, extra care must be taken that the ropes are unwound from the ring or reel without torsions and without any outer damage.
- Under no circumstances must the rope be pulled off a coil while it is laying on the ground or looped over the head of the reel.
THE MAINTENANCE OF STEEL WIRE ROPES
- SWR must be serviced regularly. The kind and the way of maintenance depend on the lifting device, its use and the selected rope.
- A great/considerable protection gives the intensive lubrication to the wire rope, during its production. But this lubrication only lasts for a limited time and should be repeated periodically.
- The choosen lubricant must be in accordance with the recommendation of the rope manufacturer.
- Ropes without lubrication serve selected purposes such as works on marble, wood etc. where the grease stains the products. The life of such ropes is a lot shorter.